Are you tired of unwanted hair or do you feel like you spend all of your time in the shower shaving? Laser hair removal is the solution to your problem! Have you ever considered trying laser hair removal, but you’re just not sure about how it works or if it would work for you? Here at Novopelle Med Spa, we offer laser hair removal in Houston, as well as at our other Texas locations. Today, we’re going to cover everything you want to know about laser hair removal.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal is a long-term solution to your unwanted hair woes. When you have an area of your body that you would like to eliminate hair from, but you’re tired of shaving and you’ve already tried waxing and tweezing to no avail, laser hair removal can create a long-term solution for unwanted hair by heating the hair follicles to the point that they are disabled. Once a hair follicle is disabled, the hair will fall out and future growth will be prevented. Some hair follicles may regenerate over time, but laser hair removal can provide a long-term solution so you can avoid having to endure shaving, waxing, and tweezing on a regular basis.
How To Plan For Your First Treatment
- The area of your body that you’re having laser hair removal performed needs to be shaved prior to the treatment.
- Areas that are being treated should not have any make-up, lotion, oil, perfume, or deodorant on them. It’s best to shower before your appointment.
- You should not take any medications the day of your treatment, and you should not have taken antibiotics within one week of the treatment.
- Avoid excess sun exposure three to four weeks prior to treatment and use SPF 30 or higher daily for three weeks prior to treatment. Also, avoid using self-tanning products one to two weeks prior to treatment.
What To Know For Your Post-Treatment Care
- Any bumps that appear on the treated area should not be picked at, rubbed, or scratched. Skin reactions are normal and should go away within a few days of your treatment.
- If you have scabs after your treatment, you can cleanse the area with hydrocortisone cream or antibiotic ointment if needed. If you experience any burns from the treatment, you should contact us immediately.
- Avoid sunbathing or tanning beds for four weeks following your treatment. Swimming, hot tubs, and saunas should also be avoided for about a week.
- It may take a few weeks for the treated hair to fall out; this is normal.
- Laser hair removal may take several sessions for the hair follicle to be completely disabled.
Areas Of The Body We Treat With Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini Area
- Face And Upper Lip
- Arms And Underarms
- Hands And Feet
For more information on pre-treatment and post-treatment care, please visit our page on laser hair removal. If you’ve finally decided that you’re tired of the monotony of hair removal, contact us today to schedule your appointment for laser hair removal in Houston for your long-term hair removal solution. You can also schedule your laser hair removal appointment at any of our other Novopelle Texas locations.