If you’re trying to lose weight by dieting, but you’re not incorporating any kind of exercise into your weight loss efforts, you could be slowing your weight loss progress. Here at Novopelle Med Spa, we offer solutions for weight loss in Houston, Austin, Dallas, and Addison at our four different spa locations. Whether you’d like to lose weight with the KE diet or the HCG diet, or you’re more interested in body sculpting treatments, such as body wraps or B12 Lioptropic injections, our weight loss department can help you to achieve your desired physical appearance. In addition to the weight loss treatments we offer, we’d like to give you some beneficial information on what you can do to increase your likelihood of losing weight.
Weight Loss and Exercise
While there have been more and more studies coming out that have suggested that the most important element to weight loss is diet, exercise still plays an important role in your ability to lose weight, and not to mention, exercise helps to create a healthier body. We understand that exercise can be difficult due to weight, injuries, and even just having a busy schedule that doesn’t allow the extra time that going to the gym takes. However, there are small things that you can do to incorporate more physical activity into your day that won’t take time out of your schedule.
- Cleaning your house counts as exercise. We all need to clean our houses on a semi-regular basis, and the good new is that housework counts as exercise.
- If you live within 15 to 20 minutes walking distance of your work, considering walking to and from work on certain days of the week. It won’t take up too much more of your time, and you’ll even save gas money.
- If you can’t walk to work, try splitting your lunch break up so that you have time to eat and take a walk. While it may be nice to take your hour lunch break to just relax, most of us end up eating and then checking our phones. Your body and your mind will thank you for taking a walk instead, and you’ll likely feel great after your walk.
- If presented with the choice, take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator. This is a quick and easy way to get in more exercise.
- Who doesn’t love to shop? All of those steps that you take walking around the mall or your favorite store add up, and you can count them towards your daily physical activity.
Other fun ideas for exercise that don’t involve the gym:
- Meet your girlfriends for a night on the town that includes dancing.
- Take your dog for a hike on the weekend.
- Go for a bike ride after school with your kids.
- Try tubing or water skiing the next time you go to the lake.
- Try a variety of at-home workout DVDs to find one that you find enjoyable.
The Benefits of Physical Activity
Most people decide they want to lose weight because they want to feel better about themselves. The thing about physical activity is that it boosts our energy level, our ability to focus, and it improves our muscle flexibility, which makes everyday tasks a lot easier to manage. Here are a few more ways in which exercise can benefit you:
- Helps to boost your immune system, so you’ll get sick less often.
- Releases endorphins to improve your mood.
- Increases your confidence in yourself.
- Aids you in burning more calories.
- Reduces common back pain by improving posture and abdominal strength.
For the average adult, a total of two hours and 30 minutes of exercise per week is sufficient in order to boost their overall health. If you combine exercise with your diet as a part of your weight loss efforts, you could see faster results, and you could feel even better about yourself and your body. If you are looking for help with weight loss in Houston, Novopelle Med Spa can offer you assistance with both the KE diet and the HCG diet. We can also help you with body sculpting so that you can achieve the physical appearance you are hoping for. If you’re not located near Houston, give us a call at one of our other three Texas locations to schedule your appointment. We can’t wait to help you with your weight loss and body sculpting goals!